An MBA is a master’s degree in business administration. It is a postgraduate degree that provides theoretical and practical training in business. The MBA can equip you with the skills required to work in management, consultancy, or general business roles.
Online MBA degrees are for professionals who wish to gain an insight into their field while remaining employed full-time or otherwise keeping up with their commitments. An online distance learning degree course allows you the flexibility to study wherever and whenever suits your schedule, whether at home or on the go!
There are many reasons someone might consider doing an online global MBA program instead of studying on-campus – cost-effectiveness being one of them (more expensive tuition fees). The online version also offers more flexibility when it comes to completing assignments on time because students do not have as much pressure from classmates around them or professors who demand too much work all at once.
What Is an Online MBA?
The beauty of an online MBA is that you can study from anywhere. An online MBA is for anyone looking to get a master’s in business administration. However, it is particularly beneficial for people who do not have the time or resources to attend classes on campus.
Online MBAs are available worldwide and offered by many different institutions, including universities and colleges. Online MBAs have been growing in popularity because of their convenience, flexibility, and affordability compared to traditional MBAs.
Online MBA programs offer plenty of options for students depending on their schedules, needs, and goals. Some programs are delivered synchronously (same time), others asynchronously (at your own pace), while a few combine both formats.
In terms of duration, most full-time online MBA programs last between 1 to 2 years, while part-time ones typically last between 2 to 3 years (or longer). As well to this, there are different types of course structures:
- Any prior knowledge or experience in business is not essential for a few.
- Some require students to participate in face-to-face residencies.
- Some offer concentrations, while others allow you to choose modules freely.
- Some are flexible where you can set your own pace within certain limits and choose the exact length of time it takes you to complete the program. Other courses have strict deadlines and requirements for several hours per week or month from students.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for an Online MBA?
An online MBA is a good option for managers and executives who want to learn about new things but cannot make it to a full-time class. You are always on the go and need your study to fit in with your life.
You do not have time for fixed schedules, so you prefer to study at your own pace. You are self-motivated and disciplined, but not necessarily at all times. You like mastering things by yourself, doing more than what people expect of you, and reading beyond the books. And you have an internet connection! That is all the technology that you need to do an online MBA.
How Does the Online MBA Differ From a Traditional MBA?
When you were a kid, did your mom tell you that her generation had to walk uphill both ways, to school, in the snow? You probably rolled your eyes, but maybe you did not know what she meant. A traditional MBA is basically like walking uphill in the snow. An online MBA is basically like flying first class on the Emirates A380. But let us look at the facts:
- Traditional MBA classes are usually limited to regular hours each week or semester.
- Online MBA classes happen at your own pace (although they can be more structured).
- Traditional MBA classes have a teacher with an office on campus and hours when they will meet with students.
- Online MBAs allow for self-directed learning; generally, there is little interaction between student and teacher unless a student needs help or has a question.
- Traditional MBAs often require office hours (this will vary from program to program).
Office hours are when professors are available to answer questions from students who might need assistance completing assignments or want additional help understanding course material. Also Read – How to Stay Motivated for Online Learning
Gaining Popularity in Recent Years
One of the major reasons for the increase in popularity of online MBAs is flexibility. The cost of an online MBA is less than a traditional MBA, and you can continue to work while studying.
In addition, if you are not confident about your English level, it may be easier to study for an online MBA in your native language. Also, you can complete an online MBA at your own pace – perfect if you have family commitments.
An online MBA makes you flexible, allows you to overcome geographical barriers, and lets you study with people from all walks of life.
An online MBA is relevant, and you should do one. Additionally, an online MBA is more affordable than a traditional in-person MBA.